Monday, April 30, 2007

Rodent


I awoke at 4:55 this morning to the "Alarm Cat". I usually wake up before the alarm goes off anyway, but this was just a tad earlier than I'd hoped! But, it's best to get an early start to the week, today being Monday (or "Mouseday" as it turns out). Anyway, Cat was being rather vocal so I got up to check on her. Now, it's still pretty dark in the Trailer hallway at this hour, so I turned on the hall light (which turns out to be a very good thing!) and attempted to focus my eyes. Yes, I see her looking down at a rather large hairball - wait, no, it's not a hairball at all!!!! Is this a dream? Am I at the cabin? I'm seeing a real-live (well, it was), field mouse! Oh, the joys of country living! Normally this would be a job I'd designate to R -- unfortunately he is still working out of town. Anyway, the mouse has now been laid to rest (and removed from the trailer). Oh when will this new house be ready????

No comments: