Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Grade 2 Camping Trip!

Today my son's 2nd grade class left for an overnight camping field trip! When I dropped J and A off at school this morning, I had never seen them this excited! All the kids had packed their sleeping bags, pillows, backpacks, sunscreen, bug spray, p.j.'s etc. and were ready for the big adventure! They will be camping at a classmate's place - the family lives out on acreage several miles east of the school (we've been invited to their lovely place before as each fall they've had a big bonfire - and chile! - party which is a lot of fun).



On the way to the school however, J informs me that everyone was to bring some food for the overnighter - and I was mad at myself for not offering sooner. Anyway, I picked up several bags of freshly picked cherries (in season) and some large bags of potato chips and dropped them off at the hosts' home - along with our slip-slider (it's going to be over 30 degrees C this afternoon). The kids are going to have so much fun - and J's teacher and her son will be spending the night in tents as well! Tomorrow, they are having breakfast at the campsite and will be returning to the school around noon.


As for me, I had a free night - and went golfing (in the sweltering heat) with some of my friends from work!!! We had originally planned to play at Burnaby Mountain, but with the heat we decided on Central Park (lots of tall trees and shade). I definitely need to get out on the golf course more often though!!!

No comments: