Sunday, July 15, 2007

A Great Weekend!

Another bright, sunny, weekend in the "great white north"! R & I went to a "work" BBQ at one of his friend's homes - it was a beautiful spread and there were a lot of laughs! I always learn a few new interesting tidbits of info about my husband and his trips on the road through his friends - especially as the night wears on! I actually went to high school with one of his work friends - and a few of them I'd met before. Anyway, I eventually had to drag R home (knowing that just 'one more brewski' for him, would mean one more day in the trailer for me....)

J and I ran some errands on Saturday while R, Cousin B, and Doc continued to work on the siding. J was eventually dropped off at at a friend's birthday party at a local children's video game arcade. And, while he was "birthday partying", one of my work friends/golfing buddy (DL pictured in previous blog-post) stopped by to see our house construction as he was in the neighborhood - so we had a nice visit with him! R and my parents finally got to meet DL - they've heard me talk about him as I've become good friends with him since I began working in my current position (beginning in 2000).

After church today, J's friend T came for a playdate - we went exploring on the dikes with the dogs - and the boys had a great time together. Then, my good friend SM and her husband (SM too) came out to see our house and have dinner at my parents' home. My sister K and her boyfriend A were also there - and my mom made her famous mouth-watering cheese enchiladas for us! K's boyfriend A also made some homemade guacamole and salsa (which were also out of this world) - and I am now serously going to have to start a jogging regime before my high school reunion next month! Anyway, we had a great time and S and S gave us a very unique housewarming gift - a "mobile home" birdhouse!!! Too funny!!!! It's going to look great on our new porch! Anyway, I just love it - S always finds the most interesting things for people!!! I guess she doesn't want us ever to forget our trailer trash livin' when we get into our new house! Anyway, we had a great time visiting together tonight - we don't get to see them enough with our busy lives - and she just lost her dear dad this April.

No comments: