Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The HEAT is on!

It's a scorcher out there!!!!! Too hot to cook! Too hot to clean!

J was picked up from school by my sister (and her daughter) and they headed straight for the swimming pool at my parents' home. The kids played in the pool for several hours until I came and picked up J. We went home and had dinner - which was a nice cold chef's salad. J had plans to see a movie with my dear friend Joanne and her husband Gord - they were taking him to see Ratatouille! Anyway, he really enjoyed himself at the movie - and I was able to run some errands while he was out (should I mention that a young clerk gave me the "Senior's Discount"?). It's nice to save 30%, but gee, I hoped I didn't really look 65! Anyway, after the movie, Joanne and Gord had a quick tour of the new house - as I had to go to bed early in the over-heated trailer. I'm obviously in dire need of some beauty rest - especially if this heat has succeeding in cooking me into a wrinkled old lady!

No comments: