Friday, June 8, 2007

Narcolepsy

lkjdskjfkgjaskdjweoabmpwerkgavlskfbamawweopkflasjdscmvaowiaowhnoaiejddlkajgsadkkssikfjkjdlkjgbvowaeijbwoaoiewvrkawgjrpoaperojahprj

Aw, so sorry. My head kinda landed on the keyboard. And I've definitely had better pillows...

I am REALLY REALLY pooped out tonight -- and I have been all day. At one point, I even thought I might need to use one of these great excuses if I was actually caught nodding off at work:
  1. "They forewarned me at the blood bank that this could happen."
  2. "Oh, I was just trying to pick up my contact lens without these greasy hands."
  3. "I was meditating on the mission statement and developing our new corporate vision!"
  4. "Amen"
  5. "I was attempting the 15 minute power-nap like they raved about in the last time management course you sent me to."
  6. "Whew! Guess I left the top off the liquid paper a little too long"
  7. "I was doing a highly specific Yoga exercise to relieve work related stress."
  8. "This is actually one of the seven habits of highly effective people!"
  9. "Boy, that darn allergy medicine I took last night just won't wear off!"
  10. "Darn! Why did you interrupt me? I had almost developed the solution to our biggest staffing problem."

    So what I'm thinking is, if Britney Spears can "take a little cat nap" in the middle of Caesar's Palace's Pure nightclub in Las Vegas on New Years Eve - it's probably perfectly acceptable for me to catch a few measly winks at my desk after lunch. What the hay? They wouldn't even need to haul me out by my ankles...... (I'm quite capable of drowsily stumbling around in my own mindless fog).

    At any rate, I am acknowledging severe sleep deprivation over this past week of "high anxiety" with respect to potential flooding. So, now that our fears have been alleviated for the most part, I am hoping that this little family can finally get caught up on some serious shut-eye this weekend! No big plans to speak of either - just one baseball practice and our minor hockey registration for fall. Sayonara! Time for a hot bath some Bee-auty sleep!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It must have something to do with the weather I have felt like that all week.