Saturday, June 9, 2007

Not Meant to Be

No sooner had I logged off of the computer, laid out my flannels, brushed and flossed my teeth, and hopped into my hot bubble bath last night, I got "The Call". I neglected to mention yesterday that I was actually enjoying a "night ALONE" last night - a party of "1", some "re-charge the old battery" time! Just "ME, MYSELF, and I"! A rare treat! And, I was definitely dead tired; tired of people, problems, and noise, and was just craving a night all to myself. It was perfect, R was working out of town and J had been invited out for the night with his friend B's family. They were all going swimming and J was very excited about this (but maybe not quite as excited as I was !).

Anyway, long before I could head to my bedroom sanctuary with a good book, P (J's friend B's mom) called me to tell me that J had just been sick. Sick in the pool, sick on the pool deck, (and by the time I got there, sick in the change room, sick on his friend's mom and dad, and then sick in the lobby). They had offered to bring him home but I said I'd come right down and get him. The poor kid. Unfortunately, I had decided earlier that we should really attempt to eat some of the (yuck) canned food I'd bought by the caseload in preparation for the "flood" that was no longer a concern. Obviously this was not such a good idea for a child who is later going to be queasy and frolicking around in a wave pool. At any rate, he was happy to be back at home and tucked in his mom's bed! And I was happy to have my sweet little guy there too - even if my "night alone" was very short-lived!


P.S. J was feeling much better this morning, but suggested we donate all recently purchased canned goods (beefaroni, chile con carne, and alphagetti's) to the local food bank.....




1 comment:

Joanne said...

I am with J......he is such a smart boy. Yuck!