Thursday, June 7, 2007

Sigh of Relief

Today the lower mainland received mostly good news about the possibility of extensive flooding! It's now felt that the Mission gauge will see only 6.5 meters of water at its "peak" this weekend - rather than the previously forecasted 7.5 meters. Although there are some areas in the area that have been affected by the rising river (areas along the Fraser outside of diking systems), it doesn't appear that it'll be the "worse case scenario" after all. Unfortunately, this is not the case in 8 northern communities where they have now declared a state of emergency. While searching for the latest river "updates" tonight, I came across this awesome live panoramic view of our dikes, the Alouette River, and the Golden Ears Mountains:

http://www.panoramalive.com/PAN_Golden_Ears_Alouette.html
(Press the back arrow to bring you back to blog after viewing)

At any rate, I think our family is cautiously breathing a sigh of relief today - and hoping that the weather continues to cooperate.

*Here are some pictures of the new workshop (I'd only posted the "backside" before) and our new window sills - being made by my father!

1 comment:

Joanne said...

I think that your computer skills are amazing. And I love your new house!!

PS. My shoes are really cheap, that is how I justify them....although once we are our age, I don't really think that we should have to justify them. LOL