Friday, June 29, 2007

Grade 2 Field Trip

SCIENCE WORLD!!!

I discovered late on Wednesday afternoon that my dear son had volunteered me to be a parent supervisor on the upcoming Grade 2 (all 4 classes of 'em) field trip to Science World. So, I took a day off from work to ride a yellow school bus downtown with 40 or so hyperactive, excited children, two of whom were prone to travel sickness (and were doubled over with their faces in bags). Then there were a few other brave and/or super-committed parents, and the teachers. We did have fun and our soccer coach Bela and I supervised 4 boys - who were very excited but quite well-behaved. We participated in a program on insects - very hands-on - then went to the "Grossology" exhibit (and learned all about snot, farts, poo, pee, zits, barf, body odor etc. etc.). The kids had a blast but it went way too fast - and we had to meet at 12:45 to get on the 1:00 schoolbus for the trip home. It was a fun day!

No comments: