Monday, May 7, 2007

Chocolate Craving


"There is more to life than chocolate, but not right now"

I know I have a problem when my friends and co-workers faithfully check in on me around 2:00 p.m. each day to see how much chocolate I've consumed. One of the Managers gauges my stress level by the rapid depletion of the chocolate bar supply under the sink. I actually have them all fooled I'm sure, as I also have other sources in the building (thanks G!). Then there's L & L's candy dish (of which I've made a complete dinner out of on my late nights)..... My most dedicated assistant LB, has been known to hide some of my own personal stash from me when she perceives that I am in a stressful period at work. What can I say? I need to curb it - obviously! It is particularly difficult as I've recently read new supportive studies of chocolate consumption and its newly discovered health benefits. One woman actually lives on chocolate:

http://chocolate.org/choclove/chocdiet.html

Quite frankly, this is too much. I just need my daily "fix", usually in the afternoon. This has been going on for years - but this is the first year I've really started to encounter the middle age spread. My family and friends have tried to assure me that this is what the onset of menopause can do - but I know better. I cannot button up/pull up the clothes I wore last summer. So, if we are going to have a summer this year, I really need to cut back, take control, ignore my "enablers", show some willpower.... At least before LD and PC perform their threatened "intervention".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

middle age spread? my word Lesley - you are a YUMMY mommy! But really - isn't chocolate just one of the BEST things in life?