Saturday, May 12, 2007

Oh, Take Me Out to the Ball Game.....

Buy me some Peanuts and cracker Jacks, (and Hot Dogs, and Popcorn and Ice Cream Bars and Slushies please Mom). Oh why didn't I think to pack J a healthy lunch? (Because it was too early in the morning to be that organized....). Anyway, we picked up his buddy C (who is on another team) en route and arrived at the ball field just after 8:00 a.m. for our big mid-season divisional tournament. Unfortunately we lost (and so did C's team), but we had a nice warm sunny day and lots of great plays. J was playing 3rd base and caught an impressive pop fly! We were at the park until after 2:00 p.m. and then to the Dairy Queen for a treat with C. Anyway, the losers of today play each other tomorrow so we are playing C's team for the first time all season. The kids are looking forward to this friendly competition!
We went to church tonight as our game is first thing Sunday morning. They were generously giving out delicious healthy sized Purdey's chocolate bars to all the moms for Mother's Day! I honestly think I should be attending all three services this weekend! My friend M says "oh, didn't you get one of those chocolate bars?" when she saw me walking out to my car empty handed - and then attempted to offer me hers (she obviously got that message it's better to give than receive). Little did she know I'd ripped the wrapper off mine within a second of receiving it in the lobby (and devoured it within a few seconds after that!). Anyway, thou shalt not tell a "little white" lie (despite the fact I'd been led into temptation, big time). I told her the truth - but she insisted I take hers anyway! Love thy sister as thyself! Those are my friends! We then briefly popped over to JH's house for ice cream and a bit of the Hockey game (J had fun with their air hockey game too). She spoils us - big time (and we never seem to leave her house empty handed!). So another busy but fun day!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh sure and #3 is sick and I won't be at Church. I wonder if they'll give it to dh for me?

Happy Mother's Day! Good luck at the game.