Sunday, May 20, 2007

Old Mother Hubbard



Pretty pot-bellied "Puddy Petunia"

Fair is fair - and I don't like to play favorites. To be perfectly honest, I think Puddy's snout was a little out of joint when she woke up to see that her younger (and far more hyper and yappier) sister had posted her own Dog Blog. At any rate, Puddy (too lazy to dog blog herself) would like me to tell you all that it rained "cats and dogs" for most of the day. She was happy about this, in a way, because she knew I felt bad about the weather and therefore let them both stay inside the trailer (where it is warm and cozy) to snooze. She also noted that I did not, however, obviously feel the same compassion towards my husband and my own father being outside all day in the "elements" working on the new house... Keep up the good work boys!

I am also pleased to report that I threw away/recycled almost half of the boxes and cans in my fine trailer pantry. It was definately time. Especially when I realized that the bottles of Jerk sauce I'd hauled back from Jamaica in my carry-on (back in 1992) were still sitting there! I'd actually packed and moved them twice as well. There were Jello packages that had expired in 2003, and cans of clam chowder soup - vintage 2002. I was even afraid to give those to the dogs - even if they were licking their chops and looking at me expectantly. Anyway, Old Mother Hubbard's cupboards are definately barer!

On top of accomplishing this huge feat, my friend M and I went shopping for housewares after church (J had gone over for a play-date at his buddy's house). M & I were actually headed to IKEA but were sidetracked by various other mega stores. We found a beautiful Liz Claiborne quilted bedspread for my new master bedroom (the picture doesn't really do it justice). It was 50% off! I was thrilled! I know we're a long way off from decorating, but it will sure help me when it comes time to pick out paint colours - here I am, one step ahead of the game! Good eye M!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hi L!! It's Sara!! I love your blog, very clever! Good luck with the house.