Saturday, May 19, 2007

Lucy's Post

The "Woman of the House" is too busy 'thinking' about flood preparations to blog tonight. 'Thinking' and 'Doing' appear to be two very different things. Despite her good intentions, she has not yet accomplished anything on her Emergency Preparedness list. I noticed that she stood looking perplexed at her pantry for quite some time (I was hopeful she was finding me a treat) - but then she told her son that there was no use buying any more stuff until she purged some of the stale-dated junk from her cupboards to make some room. I was disappointed because the disposal items for today seemed to be mostly stale pecans, almonds, and cereal - all of which went out on the deck for the squirrels. Nothing today for me -- nor for my chubby companion!

I also know she has made some mention of purchasing large quantities of canned ("yuck") dog food from Costco. Personally, I do not particularly care for "dog food" -- I much prefer fresh table scraps. Puddy (the snorting, snoring, farting, lethargic bulldog), on the other hand, is not at all particular and will eat almost anything in her path. She's even been known to eat my dinner when I run to the window to bark incessantly at cars, people, horses, etc. Make no bones about it, there has been absolutely no progress made in this family's Emergency preparations.

More later,
Lucy XO XO (nuzzles and licks)

P.S. I am also trying to keep my ears flapped back to hear if there is any news on my forthcoming foster home options should we be forced to evacuate.....

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Too cute!! Thanks Lucy.