Wednesday, May 2, 2007

He's Comin' Home, He's Done his Time.....

J woke up a good 1.5 hours too early. This has been a predictable habit on the days his dad is due to come home after an out-of-town-stint. "Is Dad here yet?" and "Where's Daddy?". I am struggling with my new negotiating skills, partly because my coffee is not yet finished brewing. While it is far easier to boss him straight back to the bedroom, I begin negotiations.... And, he is still in there (with cat and snoring bulldog) so I think I was successful! Who says you can't teach an old bat new tricks?
leslie
R has asked me to do a few house phone calls to line up some of his projects for when he gets back (as per usual, he'll be working non-stop). He is hoping to do the siding next so we should see another big transformation soon! We are using a product called Hardie plank lap siding - it looks just like real wood siding but it's actually fibre cement - pre-colored and with a 50 year warranty. Considering the fact that it shouldn't require re-painting until I am 97, we decided to be safe and go with the Mountain Sage as I've always been a "green" person anyway (being born on St. Patrick's day and all). While I may be changing some of my negotiating skills, I think I'll be sticking with the same favorite color! I'd originally wanted the Countrylane Red, but R pointed out that it would be me who'd be re-painting it -- should I soon tire of the big red barn effect.... So, green it is! I've seen a house sided in this same product and it actually appears a lot lighter in the sunlight (yes, we do get some of that). We'll be sure to post more pictures when he's done!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Question for you - is it paint on siding or on wood? OK - maybe a dumb question but we are just looking into getting our house painted. Do you have someone good to recommend? When will your house be done? it looks just beautiful!