Sunday, May 6, 2007

My Husband - the DIY Enthusiast


R is still working around the clock on our new house. Some days the changes are incredibly noticible. Some days not so much. He has currently been "prepping" the house for siding and, to the untrained eye (ie: mine), you do not see much change. But, he is a conscientious perfectionist - which is good - at least I know our siding will not go on crooked. I too am a DIY'er - the "Dangerously Incompetent You'll-be-sorry-later" type.

J and I kept busy - another demo at the fair followed by another exciting baseball game. We also went up to the hospital with JH to visit Mr. M. - it was his 83rd birthday! J didn't want to leave but I was making a special Sunday dinner since we seem to eat on the run so much during the week. And, we'd finally finished our '4 nights in a row' batch of chili which my good friend MB kindly made for us when she dropped by the other night. I saw this as an opportunity to abandoned them to run an errand - and R was still not home at that point. By the time I'd returned - voila, a big pot of chili had been made in my absence and R had returned from his out of town stint (what a surprise for him to see another woman cooking dinner in our kitchen!). I did appreciate the remarkable nanny service (one could quickly get used to that!). Funny, she hasn't been back for another visit though.... Anyway, dinner tonight was good even though my Yorkshire puddings closely resembled (and tasted like) hockey pucks. My mother-in-law definately makes the best ones - I obviously don't have any Yorkshire or British in me (oh, but MB does - I'll just have to extend another invitation!)...

No comments: